Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Learning to Love Little League

My 7-yr old son has been playing Little League baseball this Spring. I have to admit that I was not so much of a fan - I definitely rate more as a soccer mom. However, I am warming to this sport.

One characteristic of baseball that I am beginning to appreciate is that any body type can play the game well. There is one child on my son's team that is short and stocky and wears nerdy thick black glasses. He definitely would not be a soccer player. But yesterday he hit the ball so high and long and ran his little legs as fast as he could around the bases, he made the only home run I've seen so far this season.

I also love that the Hispanic girl (with long black braid down her back) on the team takes her turn playing catcher - she is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment