Monday, May 17, 2010

Wake Up Call

6:30 a.m. this morning I hear "Fuck You!" from my neighbors and some more words I couldn't make out. My bedroom window is way too close to theirs. It was a woman doing the yelling, but I couldn't tell if it was the wife/mother or the teenage daughter.

In the past I have heard the husband beat the wife and have called the police, but when the police ask me for their last name (they are a Hispanic family) I don't think they ever bother to show up. In the past I have also heard the wife/mother scream at her teenage kids or her brother (not sure how many adult-sized bodies live in a house less than 1,000 square feet, I think 5), and then I hear the kids yell at the dogs. Poor animals are at the bottom of the food chain.

This is not the way I want to wake up.

I send them light - I try to picture the house surrounded by loving light and then I get back to setting my positive intentions for the day. May all those people living in destructive and unhealthy relationships be blessed this day.

1 comment: